Wednesday, October 17, 2012

CRIMES OF DECORATING - Halloween

I'M JUST WONDERING

Is it a trend in other neighborhoods, besides mine, to decorate for Halloween with "Crime Scene - Do Not Cross" tape?  Here in my area several people are using that as the theme for their Halloween decorating.  It is across doors, windows, driveways, and yards.  I don't mean to offend anyone reading this, but I just don't get it.  In our neighborhood we see homes throughout the year that have this tape, for real, not as a decoration. Awful things have happened there.    I don't know what people are thinking using Crime Scene Tape as decoration.  Is that even legal?
 
 

I've had my back up about this for a few days now and have been wondering  what other people think about it.  Have you all been seeing this trend?  I must say,  except for the crime tape houses, most people have their homes beautifully decorated in  a cute spooky way.  Those homes will be so much fun for the little trick-or-treaters (including my grand) to visit.


7 comments:

  1. It seems to me with those who have suffered from horrible crimes of muder and such to use the tape in a joking way would be cruel. I prefer the more cutesy stuff myself :) I celebrate the havest more than Halloween though...nothing wrong with pumpkins,scarecrows and such....cutesy stuff :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, I've not seen much "Crime Scene" decorating around here. Yet!

    I agree, it is not a necessary way to do Seasonal decorating. There are loads-and-batches of other ways.

    It probably comes from watching all those crime scene tv shows. And forgetting that even those shows, are displaying a horror. Not a cute decorating idea. -sigh-

    Good question! Good topic! Thank you for introducing it. And ya'know, when I see a good topic, I often *grab* it myself. WITH a LINK to the post, which INSPIRED it, of course!!!!!!!!! :-)

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would freak if I saw crime scene tape and it was not Halloween!!
    Luckily nothing too bad here...just my neighbor has very large spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this, but wouldn't care for it at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this used but sure don't like the idea one little bit. Some people have a weird sense of ways to decorate for Halloween. I think this is carrying it too far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie, so glad you came by, and I'm with you, I think crime scene tape is inappropriate. I love being in St. Louis in October, the homes are all decorated and so beautiful. Our daughter lives right across from Wash U and the trees are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noticed it to. There's a gorgeous house downtown that has that tape across the front porch. I don't get it either!

    ReplyDelete