Thursday, October 25, 2012

THE OLD GARDEN GATE


 
Isn't this a beautiful place.  I wish it was at my home, but it isn't.  I've passed by it many times and finally had my camera with me, so I decided to take some pictures of it.  I didn't see the homeowners. I hope that they didn't notice me and think that I was some kind of stalker.
 
 
 
 
 
On the other hand, I wish that I could have spoken to them and told them how pretty this is.  As I was taking the pictures, I kept hearing chickens clucking, and roosters crowing.  I thought maybe they were on the other side of the gate.  Then, from the corner of my eye, I noticed some movement.  It was the chickens.  Two little roosters and a hen in the yard next door.  I tried to get some pictures of them, but the camera wouldn't focus on them.  I was really wanting the owners of the chickens to come out, so maybe I could talk with them and take some chicken pics.  I love chickens.  We aren't allowed to keep them in our municipality, but about 10 blocks away, in the county, they can keep them.  Have any of you had picture takers (besides Google) taking pictures of  your home? Do  you ever take pictures of other people's yards?  Even with Pic Monkey's help the fence and gate looks slanted.  That's because it is in a slightly sloping yard. When I tried to rotate it, then the gate looked slanted instead of the yard.
 
I would like to be invited in.
 
 
Some pretty persimmons from my backyard.
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the mums I have on my front porch.  They are bigger, and I think prettier than the ones I have out in the yard.  But the thing is, these are fake-ity, fake, fake.  I've had them for several years.  They come back every year when I carry them out of the house and stick them in the flower pot that had my petunias in the summer.  I don't have good luck with the real mums surviving winter and every year they are more expensive to buy.  So I only buy one or two real ones each year.
 
Just a few pictures I thought I'd share on this pretty fall day.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Susie, welcome to blog-world, it's a wonderful world, filled with great people and interesting blogs.
    I could so relate with your dilemma over taking the photos of the house. So so many times something about someones home has charmed me and I so wanted to take photos but was too shy in case they were inside and watching this funny lady out there with a camera. Perhaps next time I'll just go on up and rap on their door!! Maybe. :)
    You have some lovely pics on your blog.
    Good wishes from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home! I'm so glad you brought your camera along, so you could share photos with us. And oh wouldn't it be lovely, if you were invited in, some day???? :-)

    Actually, that's just what happened, when we found Gladys Taber's Stillmeadow. We pulled up, outside her gate. I gazed out at that fence, gate, home, which I knew so well, just from her books. I was mesmerized. She wasn't home but her daughter Connie and her girls were visiting, picking black berries.

    Connie saw us... Saw that look on my face... And invited us in. :-) Really! Really! Really!

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photo of a persimmon. The colors are so lovely. Makes a great photo op!

    And love your fake flowers too! I am falling in love with fake flowers. Especially since we can not have real blooms inside our house, because of allergies. -pout-

    But with nice fake ones, we can have the best of both worlds. :-)

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete