Sunday, March 24, 2013

AN EASTER EGG TREE, BUNNIES IN A MILK GLASS BASKET, AND A FOOT OF SNOW



It is only one week until Easter.  Today I put Easter eggs on my Easter egg tree. I painted the regular size chicken eggs on this little tree, and bought the smaller painted wooden eggs several years ago.  The hobnail milk glass flower pot was my mom's and I know that it is at least 40 years old, most likely quite a bit older.  Mom's African violets always looked pretty in it.


Milk glass is pretty with the fresh green and bright colors of spring and summer. Last summer at the little thrift store where I like to shop, I found this pretty milk glass basket.

I had never before seen a piece of milk glass that was this large.  It makes a perfect Easter basket for a mossy nest with baby bunnies and some forsythia. 
 
 
Ah, Spring!  Look what the Easter Bunny would have found if he had hopped by this Sunday, instead of next!



6 comments:

  1. I am at 1515 where we had snow too! My husband made it to work in St Louis fine today..it helps to have a suv! Love how you used your milkglass..the bunnies look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....the snow pictures look like my yard here in northern Maine! Love your egg tree...your hand-painted eggs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....the snow pictures look like my yard here in northern Maine! Love your egg tree...your hand-painted eggs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the milk glass. It goes with everything. Hope your snow melts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the snow gone yet? Your milk glass basket is so cute. I've never seen one that shape before. Perfect for the freezing rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you got some snow! We been getting that kind of Spring, too! I am a big fan of milk glass, and it is so wonderful to have some of your moms,. I love that basket, very pretty! Your artistic abilities always amaze me! I just love your hand painted eggs. What wonderful pretty ornaments you made! Wow!!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete